I’ve started writing a new book. I am soooo excited about it. It is tentatively called “Becoming Conversant With Evangelicals (or how to love the modern church).”
The first chapter I am wrapping up now is entitled “Post-modern, Emerging Church and other made up words.” In it, I talk about the nature of words and how meanings change over time and then I offer a quick primer of commonly used words used by Evangelicals and what they most-often mean when using them. Much of this is just plain funny, but my aim is to present a heart-felt path towards reconciliation and perhaps offer a peace branch for cooperation and love within the body of Christ.
I know that I’ve carried some baggage for a long time since leaving the modern church behind. It’s taken me a long time to move from bitterness to love.
I will most like post new ideas and chapters here. Right now, here are some of the chapters I’ve got down:
- How Rick Warren Caused the Apocalypse (or What Evangelicals Think About the “End Times”)
- The Truth Hurts
- God Still Shows Up to the Big Show
- Wesley, Finney and the Skinny Behind the History of Evangelicalism
- How Mega-Churches Blew It
- The Gospel According To Everyone Else
- Gays, Women and Other Taboo Topics
- Pat and the Christian Right (or how Politics have become co-opted)
SO, if you have any ideas for the book let me know. *For any current Evangelicals that may be reading (although I don’t know why you are) this, please know that I am not writing this to berate you. I am writing this with a hope for open communication and love…and I actually plan to interview some of you for this project. (unlike a similarly titled book w/ an opposing view)